Neustar, a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment, and marketing industries, announced today that Jonathan Coombes has joined the company as Chief Information Security Officer.
Mr. Coombes' responsibilities include cyber and data security, risk management and business continuity. He will be based out of Neustar's Sterling, VA office and will report to Alex Tulchinsky, senior vice president, Infrastructure and Operations.
"Jonathan's proven track record of building teams and his strong decision-making skills make him the right leader for our information security strategy,” said Mr. Tulchinsky. "With Jonathan's guidance, we will continue to look for opportunities to strengthen our processes and standards designed to protect the confidential data of our customers and our company.”
"I'm thrilled to be part of Neustar and I look forward to building on the success its security and data services teams have already achieved. Neustar's leading-edge DDoS protection and security threat modeling services set it apart from other business analytics and information service providers, and I'm focused on expanding these capabilities” said Mr. Coombes.
Mr. Coombes has more than 25 years of experience in information technology and security, also has extensive experience in building and leading information security and risk management teams, in support of maturing the overall security posture of an organization.
1. Mr. Coombes comes to Neustar from Rackspace Hosting, where he served as their Chief Security Officer.
2. Prior to Rackspace, Mr. Coombes held security leadership positions with USAA and IBM;
3. served on the Board of Directors for the San Antonio chapter of InfraGard and stays active in several information security professional organizations;
4. served in the military for over 30 years on both active and reserve duty and continues to serve in a reserve capacity as a Lieutenant Colonel with the U.S. Marine Corps;
5. received a masters degree in Information Systems from Boston University and an Executive MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
6. earned several professional certifications including: Certified Information Systems Security Professional ( CISSP ) , Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP)."
We IISP.HK Team welcome Mr. Coombes to join Neustar as Chief Information Security Officer!
IISP - Neustar Accredited Registrar in China